[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Pokemon stories

Pokemon stories

This is where you can discuss any of the facets of the League!

Pokemon stories

Postby FoggyKnight » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:50 pm

I don;t normally suggest people read fanfiction, but READ THIS!:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5968447/35/Pokedex_OneShots

:)
Friend Code: 3482 1407 1896 (Foggy) Updated 3/4/11 to correct code.
FoggyKnight

Re: Pokemon stories

Postby Xerlith » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:27 pm

I don't usually enjoy reading fan fiction, but that was really good. I noticed that was chapter 35. Are they all like that?
SoulSilver: 1721 2220 0617
Black: 1721 2788 2039
Xerlith

Postby Kopaka » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:18 pm

Not bad at all. Honestly, I don't think pokemon fanfic works that well (I think it does better in comic form) since pokemon aren't technically supposed to be able to talk to humans :P

Of course, that's my personal opinion, and there's nothing wrong with that story otherwise.

As for the aforementioned comics, [url=http://nonparael.deviantart.com/gallery/265116303ak]here are[/url3ak] [url=http://behindtg.deviantart.com/gallery/90290733ak]some good ones.[/url3ak]

EDIT: I just realized how confusing the logic is as stated >.>
Basically: Pokemon can't, in canon, talk to humans, so my choice (were I to author such a story) would not involve them talking. Since it is difficult to switch narrative povs in a written story between characters who interact without being able to understand each other, I think that a comic format (where it can be made clear more easily through speech/thought bubbles and whatever who is talking to whom) can be better (which is not to say it couldn't be done in pure written form, just that it would require innovation).

TL;DR?
Refer to the slightly more brief explanation at the top of the post ;)
[size=705r6]
[b5r6]PAX East 2011: [/b5r6]3 leader badges
[b5r6]PAX East 2012: [/b5r6]9 leader badges
Reach beyond the door.
[/size5r6]
Kopaka

Postby FoggyKnight » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:07 pm

Friend Code: 3482 1407 1896 (Foggy) Updated 3/4/11 to correct code.
FoggyKnight

Return to League Discussion