[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - PPL East '13 Battle Videos

PPL East '13 Battle Videos

This is where you can discuss any of the facets of the League!

PPL East '13 Battle Videos

Postby ddrussianinja » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:03 am

Not sure if I'm the only one who did this, but I thought it might be fun to post some videos of official battles.

If you don't know how to do this, it's relatively straightforward. When you finish a match, it asks if you want to save the video. If you do, you go the Global Terminal attendant in any Pokemon Center and select "Battle Videos", then "View or upload". Then you save, connect to the WFC, tap the bottom screen, and then select "SEND BATTLE VIDEO". After that, you should get a numeric code for your battle. Then you should be able to look it up here: [urlnia]http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=bsearch[/urlnia]

Pokecheck can animate any Single or Double match, though it will only provide transcripts for Triple or Rotation Battles. You can either just link to the page of a specific battle, or you can use a screen capture program like Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 to turn it into a video to post on YouTube.

Anyway, here were some of my battles:

[bnia][url=http://www.pokecheck.org/?bid=960089952317nia]Vs. Cecilia Green (broken)[/urlnia][/bnia]
[spoilernia][youtubenia]A1-IDIZveUE[/youtubenia]
This video didn't translate properly to Pokecheck for some reason. Everything starting from Turn 18 is a bit inaccurate. This actually ended in a narrow victory for me as Charizard hurt itself in confusion toward the end rather than snapping out of it.[/spoilernia]

[bnia][url=http://www.pokecheck.org/?bid=715834832550nia]Vs. Bugly[/urlnia][/bnia]
[spoilernia][youtubenia]c7V3i_JZ0tM[/youtubenia]
I legit thought I was going to lose this one after I kept making mistakes trying to remember what Armaldo's typing was. Thankfully, he switched out to Shedinja, forgetting that I placed Stealth Rock a second time, buying my Ninjask enough time to set up my Scizor. That was a close one.[/spoilernia]

[bnia][url=http://www.pokecheck.org/?bid=384320057565nia]Vs. Yellow[/urlnia][/bnia]
[spoilernia][youtubenia]GYAtA4dTTKQ[/youtubenia]
Yellow suggested we make it 4v4 for the sake of time (we were at a swarm). It was hard to choose which two to leave behind, but ultimately, I couldn't justify keeping both my Zoroark and Gengar on the team, and picking just one of them didn't make much sense, so I went with Starmie.[/spoilernia]

[bnia][url=http://www.pokecheck.org/?bid=674939026091nia]Vs. Okashi[/urlnia][/bnia]
[spoilernia][youtubenia]NpwZvnMdc8w[/youtubenia]
Welp, that's the last time I underestimate a team of Stunfisk. I seriously expected Torterra would be able to sweep the whole team. What a fool I was. Still, the rest of my team managed to hold together. Still a lot closer than I expected it to be. A really fun match![/spoilernia]

[bnia][url=http://www.pokecheck.org/?bid=583172878782nia]Vs. Jiana[/urlnia][/bnia]
[spoilernia][youtubenia]-FharbEiJ4M[/youtubenia]
Jiana was a really tough match to prepare for since Fighting Pokemon are such a diverse breed, so I focused mainly on being able to counter stat boosts and using Pokemon that were generally good against most Fighting types. The unexpected MVP of this fight was Secret (my Sableye), who I genuinely didn't expect to work as well as she did. I also want to thank Jiana for taking my challenge even after a very long swarm and a lot of very long battles.[/spoilernia]

[bnia][url=http://www.pokecheck.org/?bid=693612610100nia]Vs. Oceanus[/urlnia][/bnia]
[spoilernia][youtubenia]xQVub7YzE-0[/youtubenia]
My first Elite Six match. This one was close as I forgot that Empoleon was resistant to Dragon moves. Thankfully, a well-placed Roost gave me the wiggle room I needed to squeeze out a victory.[/spoilernia]

[bnia][url=http://www.pokecheck.org/?bid=708633036904nia]Vs. Charles[/urlnia][/bnia]
My second Elite Six match. Sadly, no video for this one since it was a Rotation Battle. This was the one where I exploited Moody. Again, sorry about that.

[bnia][url=http://www.pokecheck.org/?bid=230595682581nia]Vs. Kaya[/urlnia][/bnia]
[spoilernia][youtubenia]mWU56DBi9xo[/youtubenia]
My third Elite Six match. Apparently, my "sneaky pebbles" ruined her main strategy. I did so well that she decided to trade me her genetically superior Eevee, which I greatly appreciated.[/spoilernia]

[bnia][url=http://www.pokecheck.org/?bid=489454538998nia]Vs. Gilman[/urlnia][/bnia]
[spoilernia][youtubenia]h81yX8dd6UU[/youtubenia]
My fourth and final Elite Six match. I was really conflicted over whether I should have brought in my Scizor against a Sun Team, but thankfully that potentially ill-advised choice paid off with the somewhat unexpected inclusion of Ferrothorn. Once Riza took out Zell, it was pretty much smooth sailing.[/spoilernia]

[bnia][url=http://www.pokecheck.org/?bid=807262359221nia]Vs. Cynthia[/urlnia][/bnia]
[spoilernia][youtubenia]pSSx46CrVC0[/youtubenia]
Championship match! I wanted this to be my primary team since I knew they would be the team that would be in the Hall of Fame, though I was a bit concerned from the lack of a solid Ice-type. Still, it all worked out and I got my awesome cape.[/spoilernia]

Thanks again to all the gym leaders, including the ones I couldn't upload videos of for various reasons (usually because of WiFi problems): Alexander, Toph A. Snails, and Crystal were all great battles as well and I wish I was able to share them.
PAX East '13 - PAX Pokemon League Hall of Famer (13-0)
ddrussianinja

Re: PPL East '13 Battle Videos

Postby SandstormS » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:52 am

Where the hell has this feature been hiding???
E12 desmond Bell(Music)E13 Reginald Stone(Rock)
E14 Dr.Toxin(Poison)S15 Mr.Saturday(Ghost)
E15 Dustin(Sandstorm)P15 Wallace(Water)
E16 Reginald Stone(Rock)P16 PAL9000(2001)
"Desmond as a person was hilarious. Keep him around at all costs."
SandstormS

Postby ddrussianinja » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:56 am

ddrussianinja

Postby Gilman » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:38 pm

Very cool. I do remember our weather changing stand-off. And you exposed a huge weakness of mine, which were dragons. Congrats to you and well deserved.
Gilman
One-Time Leader

Postby ddrussianinja » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:20 pm

ddrussianinja

Postby Propriety » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:44 pm

THIS THREAD IS A THING OF BEAUTY

T_T
See you at PAX East!
Propriety
League Coordinator

Postby GIJoe68 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:52 pm

I remember that battle! It was one of the best ones I had all weekend!
2x Challenger (Champion 2015)
2x Gym Leader
2x Elite
2017 Champion
GIJoe68
Two-Time Leader

Postby SandstormS » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:16 pm

Well I'll be damned... The word needs to be spread about this feature.

Anyway, the battle I have is a double battle with myself (Reginald Stone) and Brock VS Phong and Kobilanski.

Phong had previously lost to me once and Kobi lost to me twice.
Kobi also just lost to Brock once.

This battle was for both badges.

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&vid= ... 3312285937

I am proud of the fight we (mostly Brock) put up.
E12 desmond Bell(Music)E13 Reginald Stone(Rock)
E14 Dr.Toxin(Poison)S15 Mr.Saturday(Ghost)
E15 Dustin(Sandstorm)P15 Wallace(Water)
E16 Reginald Stone(Rock)P16 PAL9000(2001)
"Desmond as a person was hilarious. Keep him around at all costs."
SandstormS

Postby Aurethious » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:34 am

This is definitely a far simpler method than the one I use to capture battle videos. It takes me in the ballpark of 45 minutes to an hour from start to YouTube for one video. Did you have Wi-Fi access in the BCEC?

I'm still partial to having the actual game videos though.

Shameless self-promotion: www.youtube.com/iongamecorner
Alexander, the Determined Coach - East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - East 2017-2018
Alexander, the Rock Star - East 2019
Aurethious, the Emerald Knight - East 2020

https://www.twitch.tv/Aurethious
Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby ddrussianinja » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:58 am

ddrussianinja

Next

Return to League Discussion