[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - PPL East '13 Battle Videos

PPL East '13 Battle Videos

This is where you can discuss any of the facets of the League!

Re: PPL East '13 Battle Videos

Postby Aurethious » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:05 am

Haha, I broke many things by having Triple battles.

Ah yes, you were the first challenger of the convention for me, before I even got in the door. Glad you're getting some use out of the shirt, you earned it good sir.
Alexander, the Determined Coach - East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - East 2017-2018
Alexander, the Rock Star - East 2019
Aurethious, the Emerald Knight - East 2020

https://www.twitch.tv/Aurethious
Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby ddrussianinja » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:16 am

PAX East '13 - PAX Pokemon League Hall of Famer (13-0)
ddrussianinja

Postby Aurethious » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:20 am

Yeah, sounds like you way overprepared for me, haha. That log is hilarious. It has my Venusaur using Sleep Powder on my Sceptile. I'm pretty sure I didn't do that. At least I hope I didn't, lol.

Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby ddrussianinja » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:41 am

PAX East '13 - PAX Pokemon League Hall of Famer (13-0)
ddrussianinja

Postby Aurethious » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:44 am

Analyze away. I just like to think it thought I was wacky enough to put my own Pokemon to sleep.

Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby MattDarling » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:48 pm

I only saved one battle video over the weekend, because there was only one battle I'd actually want to see again. It's a [url=http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&vid=&bid=17-11900-63677yox]double battle with my partner and I against Yellow & Red for both badges[/urlyox].

The story: My partner asked to challenge Yellow, who offered to bring in Red and I for a double battle to get both badges. We protested that we were only at the Casual level, so Red was forced to be nice and not destroy us. He really, really wanted to - but thankfully managed to resist. Despite knowing that they went really easy on us, we were still pretty pleased that we won, haha.

Now, aside from the fact that neither of us has ever done competitive double battling, we genuinely didn't plan what our team would be. We actually didn't know that with IR double battles, the first three members of your current team would be used. So we each prepared six member teams, and then, surprise! The battle started without a chance to pick who we'd send in.

So we accidentally wound up starting with Golem and Luxray, and it took two turns before her Luxray used Discharge. Sure, the timing was perfect, but it [iyox]wasn't even on purpose[/iyox], lol. I'm glad I had Machamp in my first three for Stone's Edge, though - not sure how we would have done without it. Glad I took some inspiration from post-game E4 in HeartGold :D
Brendan of the Brendan&May duo of PPL East 2013 and 2014
MattDarling

Postby Lyrai » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:40 am

PPL '12 East - Challenger
PPL '13 East - Yellow de Bosque Verde
PPL '14 East - Blaire (& Justin) the Reliable Rachers
PPL '15 East - Kathleen (& Kenneth ) the Contest Coordinators
PPL '17 East - Paige Ryder the Pokémon Jockey
Lyrai
One-Time Leader

Postby shmoo92 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:01 pm

PAX East 2015 PPL CHAMPION!!!!!!!
The May 'half' from PAX East 2013-2015. My companions are Brendan (Matt) & THE BINDER.
Terrified Alice for PAX East 2012.
shmoo92

Postby UWorlds » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:18 pm

Awesome battles, guys! Makes me wish I could've been there this year...(hopefully next year I can make it, lol)

I, like Aurethious, am able to record battle videos from in game, through the use of one of [url=http://www.3dscapture.com/ds/o8i]these[/urlo8i]. I'm not sure if the PPL has a YouTube channel or not, but if it does, in my spare time I'd be more than happy to record and send the video files of any battle videos you'd like to show off. :D
UWorlds

Postby Arcarinium » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:23 pm

2012 PPL East Champion
Arcarinium

PreviousNext

Return to League Discussion