[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - PPL Australia 2015

PPL Australia 2015

This is where you can discuss any of the facets of the League!

Re: PPL Australia 2015

Postby Volucris » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:56 pm

Oooo, exciting stuff :3

I'd help out if I was tech savvy...like at all D: But I'm still happy to participate in any of those activities (especially those showdown battles! Need to test the team and get familiar with it once it's up).

(Sorry also if I'm posting a little much on this thread :P)
2014: Volucris the Venomous Poison Master
2015: Glade the Forest's Recluse
2016: Gaster the Unmade
2017: Flax the Bumbling Bug Keeper
2018: Mordecai Gentleman of the Bayou
2019: Rakan the Soaring Reveller
Volucris

Postby philomglol » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:26 pm

@Vol, there is never "too much" for PPL!
[brvz]The Ausministrator[/brvz]
[irvz]SW-2868-3320-5801[/irvz]
philomglol

Postby Beavwa » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:20 pm

@phil Well, that's a relief.

Here's a question - what is going to be the official approach for XY vs ORAS at PAX AU?
I see that the official version is ORAS, will we also want to have alt teams set up for XY challengers?
PAX AU Resident Shiny Hunting Idiot
XY (old) FC: 3668-7797-0858
ORAS (new) FC: 0447-8297-0626

PPL AU '14 - Shiny Challenger (12 badges)
PPL AU '15 - Leader: Mr Shine, the Rare Gem Collector
PPL AU '16 - Leader: Larry, the Layabout Loafer
Beavwa

Postby snowyalice » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:17 pm

The Ausmistress

Coach of:
snowyalice
Eight-Time Leader

Postby guthy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:10 pm

Application all done and sent in :D
cant wait to see what scope of leaders and challengers we will have this year.
Pax Aus 2014 - Hydra, the dragon gym leader
Pax Aus 2015 - Maximillian pegasus, the crimson illusionist
Pax Aus 2016 - Andy, The hyper Repairer.
FC: 3196- 4583-9133
Coach of the: [bnl2]Perth Hills Houndooms[/bnl2]
Season 1 final standing : First
[url=http://postimg.org/image/gd3f77y4h/nl2][imgnl2]http://s32.postimg.org/gd3f77y4h/Capture_houndooms.jpg[/imgnl2][/urlnl2]
guthy

Postby philomglol » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:08 am

@Beavwa, PPL has moved to ORAS, so backwards compatibility by Gym Leaders is an optional extra and not a requirement.

Having said that, I understand there are only a handful non-compatible pokes (almost limited exclusively to the new Megas).

If you are a challenger and you ONLY have XY this year, we'll hopefully have enough Leaders to ensure you have a good time :D but I'd suggest buying ORAS because it's pretty dang good (although personally it's my second least favourite in the series).
philomglol

Postby DolphinSquared » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:58 pm

DolphinSquared

Postby NovaCascade » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:42 pm

Aus 2014 - Challenger - Hall of Fame
Aus 2015 - Aspen the Exiled Snake Charmer
Aus 2017 - Darth Nihilus, Lord of Hunger
Aus 2018 - Eclipse, The Wandering Mystic
Aus 2019 - Velka, Lord of Souls

Coach of the -
[img6wn]http://i.imgur.com/JEVxKq5.png[/img6wn]
NovaCascade

Postby Kaka » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:14 pm

Unless you are breeding for shinies, setting up for ORAS and XY shouldn't be too taxing. I am planning for it myself.

Coach for the Adelaide Crobats - 2016 Aussie Draft League Champions

A15 - Frank Underwood: Pokémon Champion
A16 - Switch, the Sorcerer of Shift
A17 - Switch, the Dance Dance Revolutionary
Kaka

Postby philomglol » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:45 pm

@NovaCascade, I know it's an unpopular stance to take, but Silver and Gold. It's a hard fought position for last though!

@Kaka, Excellent! I just don't want to scare off any potential Gym Leaders with onerous terms building two teams, when really it's not a significant problem. Even if it is only replacing 1 Mega? I know I wouldn't want to replace my Megas. Pry them from my cold dead hands, I say.
philomglol

PreviousNext

Return to League Discussion