[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - PPL Australia 2015

PPL Australia 2015

This is where you can discuss any of the facets of the League!

Re: PPL Australia 2015

Postby Volucris » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:31 am

I'm with you Agnoti I'm pumped! :D 3 day pass ready to go and I'm hoping to be able switch from poison to a grass team that mostly revolves around sunny day and things like chlorophyll. Trying to decide atm on a separate team that I'll breed correctly but not ev train for casual players. If I learnt anything from last PAX it's that a fully trained team of sub par pokes still thumps a good team of untrained pokes D: and that's not fun for all!

I hope the idea of designing two teams of six is ok, considering I'm keen to both be competitive with the stronger players but make things fun for the casual players as well. They'll both be tied to the same theme of course and subject to negotiation if there's other potential grass leaders around this year.

Looking forward also to E4 and Champ too, I reckon a Kings rock crown is a truly sick idea! Since I'm going all three days I'd consider throwing my name into the ring for an E4 position, but we'll see how all that pans out. Gym Leader or more I'm just happy to jump in and be a part of it.
2014: Volucris the Venomous Poison Master
2015: Glade the Forest's Recluse
2016: Gaster the Unmade
2017: Flax the Bumbling Bug Keeper
2018: Mordecai Gentleman of the Bayou
2019: Rakan the Soaring Reveller
Volucris

Postby snowyalice » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:51 pm

I might also consider being an E4 because it's looking like my team will be pretty strong. (Healing Wish Blissey bases for levelling up are excellent).

Of we finally figure out what the champion will have to wear (I'm gunning for a King's Rock crown), I'll also be happy to make it.
The Ausmistress

Coach of:
snowyalice
Eight-Time Leader

Postby snowyalice » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:59 pm

Phil, we should ask the PPL streamers when the applications come out to do a stream with us telling people to get involved etc.
The Ausmistress

Coach of:
snowyalice
Eight-Time Leader

Postby philomglol » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:36 am

Snowy and Ganotz!

I do like the idea of a crown, but we'd presumably want it to fit into the Champ's wardrobe, but we will open a thread in the Aus 2015 forums when they open up! :)

In regards to Elite 4, while I don't want to exclude any new leaders from trying out for E4 spots, I think it'd be pretty great to have veterans in the spots!! Show them new kids how it's done :D I'll be doing a poll similar to last year for them, I suspect, from the amount of lovin' flowing in.

With multiple difficulty teams, it makes a lot of sense, but not as much sense if you're an E4 (with all the winning people will have been doing) BUT Ganoti, if you want, you could still be a leader, work it into your theme. You get to battle more as a GL, by the nature of the Gym/League setup! I'm breeding a few weak teams because I'm all about the bad jokes and flying goluks 8-)
[brvz]The Ausministrator[/brvz]
[irvz]SW-2868-3320-5801[/irvz]
philomglol

Postby Volucris » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:25 am

Yeah I'd have no qualms about disregarding my weaker team if I was an E4, still figure I'd best breed it now in case I end up as a GL again. Both sound like pretty sweet gigs.
2014: Volucris the Venomous Poison Master
2015: Glade the Forest's Recluse
2016: Gaster the Unmade
2017: Flax the Bumbling Bug Keeper
2018: Mordecai Gentleman of the Bayou
2019: Rakan the Soaring Reveller
Volucris

Postby snowyalice » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:01 pm

I should do some filming this year (not just battles) but with my camera of challengers and the like.
The Ausmistress

Coach of:
snowyalice
Eight-Time Leader

Postby DolphinSquared » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:08 am

DolphinSquared

Postby philomglol » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:26 pm

Just wait until you're nice and old and don't have to go to school anymore :)

Filming = awesome. Any chance you think we'd be able to stream directly to the PPL twitch channel, on location? At least for a small period? I've never done it, but I'd love to think we could do something a little OTT.
[brvz]The Ausministrator[/brvz]
[irvz]SW-2868-3320-5801[/irvz]
philomglol

Postby snowyalice » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:08 pm

The Ausmistress

Coach of:
snowyalice
Eight-Time Leader

Postby Fernurion » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:13 am

Maybe send an email to Yug about that one, see if he or one of the other organisers can hook you up. His email address should be on the official Pax Aus forums somewhere.
*New* FC: 4098-6446-1646
Professor Fern- Pax Aus Gym Leader 2014 & 2015
[imgsau]http://i.imgur.com/dwSsHRJ.png[/imgsau]
Team Coach
Fernurion

PreviousNext

Return to League Discussion