[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Wallpapers

Wallpapers

Here's where you can suggest things for the PPL to do!

Wallpapers

Postby nyankokimi » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:27 am

Hey, everyone!
Nyankokimi here wanting to get your input on something we want to offer this year for East!

As you may or may not know, PPL is a completely volunteer-based organization.
None of us get paid for our work/contributions - and it will continue to be that way probably forever. XD
But that also means that anything that we offer in ways of handouts/prizes to trainers participating in the PPL (Rival badges, recruitment bandanas, any printed materials, champions prizes, etc) come out of our own pockets. This is where we'd like you to come in!

In exchange for a donation to PPL, we want to offer you something as a "thank you!".
That something being a swanky desktop wallpaper created by myself and my lovely art team!

The donation box isn't set up yet, so I wanted to take this time to get some suggestions from you on what kind of wallpaper you would like to see!
Right now, I've already made up one which features a high-resolution version of our East 2013 theme, but surely you might like something else to choose from as well! ;)

Please offer as many suggestions as you can! i'd love to see what you can all come up with! :D

-NK
nyankokimi
League Coordinator

Re: Wallpapers

Postby Jeffolas » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Hmm, I have a suggestion, but it would really depend on how accessible the art for previous badges is. My thought is we could do the PPL logo in the center with a colored background of sorts, and around the logo we could place the artwork for each of the badges we have given out. Now I came into the PPL somewhat recently (East '12), so I don't know how many badges we're talking or if they're even all digitally accessible.

If it is possible though, I think the collection of the PPL badges would make a neat desktop background.
~PPL HoF Entrant~
('12) ('16)

~PPL East Gym Leader~
Riley - The Aura Guardian ('13)
Isaac Adler - The Golfing Prodigy ('14)
Kenneth & Kathleen - Contest Coordinators ('15)
Glenn Waylon - The Intrepid Geologist ('17)
Isaac - The Warrior of Vale ('18)
Jeffolas
One-Time Leader

Postby Propriety » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:09 pm

See you at PAX East!
Propriety
League Coordinator

Postby nyankokimi » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:13 am

Yeah, I dunno if we could get any of the older badges, honestly. :p
We could - maybe- do a year 2012 set. Maybe even 2011 & 2012.... but resolution might be an issue.

It's a great idea, though! Certainly something to be considered if not for now, then for the future!

Keep suggestions coming! :D
nyankokimi
League Coordinator

Postby Volaro » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:33 pm

I'd like a collection of all the gym leader art from the past years in one picture, as a wallpaper, myself. Say, all the PAX2011 East leaders, Prime 2012 leaders, etc etc.
Volaro, The Elusive Rose of PPL East 2013
Roberto, The Iron Gentleman of PPL East 2014
Tenta, The Turf-Trouncing Trainer of PPL East 2016
Roberto, The Fey-Fond Prince of PPL East 2017
Volaro
One-Time Leader

Postby Kai » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:57 pm

Kai
One-Time Leader

Postby nyankokimi » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Thanks to an awesome idea that someone commissioned for me, fans of N will be able to donate for a second wallpaper option. ;)

Still taking ideas, though!
nyankokimi
League Coordinator

Postby Shade » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:04 pm

Moving from the gym leader art idea, perhaps a wallpaper with leaders' iconic pokemon? They could be organized in lots by their type/theme (and All Rivals paper, for instance-or an All Dragons) or even tier/E4 assignation (as shown on the Rival cards or previous equivalent).
E12+P12: Berri, the Master Ranger+Maxie, Champion of the Land (E5)
E13+P13: Berri, the Dragon Ranger+Berri, the Traveling Ranger
E14+P14: Neuro of Aperture Labs+Co-cordinator
E15: Sorra of the Parched Pirates
S16, S17, S18: Peggy Pidgeot, Robin, Osono
Shade
League Coordinator

Postby Propriety » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:10 am

Ooh, you know, Morganstern made all those cool vector art berries last year for the trainer cards, most of which we never used. It might be cool to make a wallpaper out of those by arranging them in a cool geometric pattern.

Not as a standalone wallpaper, but as part of a wallpaper pack, or something.
See you at PAX East!
Propriety
League Coordinator

Postby nyankokimi » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:45 pm

nyankokimi
League Coordinator

Next

Return to Suggestions