[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Gym Leader Radar

Gym Leader Radar

Here's where you can suggest things for the PPL to do!

Gym Leader Radar

Postby Morganstern » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:27 pm

I'm not sure what devices people carry or if it will work in such a small space, but this might make tracking down gym leaders easier:

[url=http://www.google.com/mobile/latitude/onb]Google Latitude[/urlonb]
Morganstern
Two-Time Leader

Re: Gym Leader Radar

Postby Rdr » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:04 pm

Good idea but its too small of an area and people are gonna have poor reception on their phones.

Latitude won't be able to pinpoint us within BCEC sadly.
Rdr
One-Time Leader

Postby Morganstern » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:50 pm

I was poking around in the IOS app and there was an option to set your location manualy.
Morganstern
Two-Time Leader

Postby Heleor » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Unfortunately any GPS-based solutions will not be precise enough to locate people - and that's not even considering that some of the leaders don't own smartphones, like me! :)

I will try to tweet peoples' locations on our twitter through the course of the convention, and you'll be able to see at least one leader at the handheld lounge most of the time!
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Propriety » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:46 pm

See you at PAX East!
Propriety
League Coordinator

Postby Heleor » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:50 am

I don't know how high-tech I will be this con. If I'm on my current phone, leaders will be able to text me and I'll forward their announcements. If I get a smartphone, I may have an automatic redirection.

Either way, you'll get hints as to where the leaders are. Knowing there they are at every instant is defeating the point, though. :P
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby PeasantDave » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:28 pm

Twitter is a nice way to spread information because anyone can add a hashtag like #paxpokemon into their tweet, and anyone scanning for that hashtag will see the message. It's also easy to send a tweet with any phone, even if it's not easy to receive them.
White FC 4126 4727 9402
HG FC 0818 6505 7509
PeasantDave

Return to Suggestions