[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Trainer Identification

Trainer Identification

Here's where you can suggest things for the PPL to do!

Trainer Identification

Postby Morganstern » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:22 pm

Would there be any interest in a Challenger ID Button to identify yourself to other people in the league? That way we can fight amongst ourselves while we meander the hallways.

If there's interest, I could design something and put them up on [url=http://www.cafepress.com/make/custom-buttonsrl7]Cafepress[/urlrl7]. We could donate the proceeds to Child's Play.
Morganstern
Two-Time Leader

Re: Trainer Identification

Postby Heleor » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:25 pm

CafePress is a bit on the expensive side.

PAX is already going to have trading cards that people will have made, and the PPL are offering an icon that you can put on the card to signify yourself as a challenger. Is that similar to what you were going for?
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Morganstern » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:58 pm

I just mentioned Cafepress because it was the only service I knew off the top of my head.

I don't know anything about the trading cards, but what I was thinking of was a larger wearable that could be recognized from a distance. I remember the pokewalkers from last year were great for trading, but I thought if we had something specifically for people who wanted to play it would be nice.

Maybe something like this:
[url=http://img560.imageshack.us/i/pkpaxeast.png/68k][img68k]http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/8666/pkpaxeast.png[/img68k][/url68k]
Morganstern
Two-Time Leader

Postby Heleor » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Aside from the fact that 'league' is spelled wrong, I don't know if I want to confuse people by offering people unconnected to us branded merchandise. It may confuse people who are just looking for leaders.

What do you want to identify yourself for? Do you want to challenge other challengers? Do you just want to know people to talk to? Do you want cool swag?
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Morganstern » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Gah... Well, I just threw it together real quick as a rough draft.

I [izt6]do[/izt6] want to challenge other challengers. No one around here plays and I'd like to get in as many games as possible. I figured it might help identify people willing to stop in the hall and fight it out.

It was just an idea. I'm sure the badges themselves will serve a similar purpose once it all gets going.
Morganstern
Two-Time Leader

Postby Heleor » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:00 pm

I was considering some sort of sticker system, where every participant, whether they had any badges or not, would get a sticker they could put on their badge. :)
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Morganstern » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:17 am

Now there's an idea. I usually go through [url=http://www.myownlabels.com/food-craft_labels/ZZ/33z]My Own Labels[/url33z] for stickers.

I can put a design together if you let me know what your looking for. I'll even spell check it this time!
Morganstern
Two-Time Leader

Postby Rdr » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:39 am

Most challengers will be available for battle at meetups or random leader sightings I'd imagine.

However, it sounds like you want to easily recognize a fellow challenger if you're just roaming PAX. I don't know if unique id numbers would be the best way. If you get stickers made where will people wear them?

Also there's probably going to be a good 75-300 challengers I'd assume throughout PAX. And by the time PAX starts probably only 10 tops will be on these forums.

Not trying to discourage you but maybe have a simple system set in place. Like have leaders hand out whatever you want challengers to wear as they are challenged instead of you trying to randomly hand them out.

I don't know why you want unique id numbers but maybe have people wear a big pin on a specific part of their body. Like right shoulder or something.

Also here is the badge icon that is being used for the Trading Cards. Would probably be best to use the same design.

[img3x0]http://paxpokemonleague.com/images/PokePatchPokeBall.png[/img3x0]

And here is the link for the PAX Trading Cards in case you wanted to learn about them and possibly order some. http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=129849
Rdr
One-Time Leader

Postby Morganstern » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:13 pm

I'm not sure where got the idea of ID numbers. That's not what I was looking to do at all.

As far as giving stuff out, I hadn't thought about it that far but leaders do seem to be the best delivery source.
Morganstern
Two-Time Leader

Postby Rdr » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Stickers might be cheaper overall but when thinking about how challengers will display them they might only be able to use it for one day.

Buttons can get expensive. Also you don't know how many of what to order for challengers because we don't know how many there will be.

Maybe order something cheap with a large quanitity. First thing comes to mind are those neon event bands but thats kinda dumb and people's jackets or whatnot might cover them up.

Just throwing ideas out.
Rdr
One-Time Leader

Next

Return to Suggestions