[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Gym Leader Rotation

Gym Leader Rotation

Here's where you can suggest things for the PPL to do!

Gym Leader Rotation

Postby DragonsUmbra » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:56 pm

Last PAX East I noticed by the end of the day many of the gym leaders were pretty worn out from battling. I know some of them were fed up with battling after only a few hours by Saturday. Perhaps if there were more than 8 gym leaders, but only some were required to wear the scarf and battle certain times during each day,that way no one would get worn out, everyone gets to see what they want at PAX, and people would be able to find gym leaders more easily if there were more than 8 going on and off the clock.
Certainly in Pokemon there were more than 8 gym leaders in each region, (NSFW: http://chzmemeafterdark.files.wordpress ... ng-oak.jpg ) and with carefully organized rotations (ugh, this sounds like brown nosing, but i could help plan it, I'm good at that stuff) there could even be repeats of gym leaders or rivals, simply being on and off the clock at different times. If the gym leaders wrote down times that they wanted to play, and when they wanted to see the booths, time schedules could be pretty easily arranged, and if the cell phone question on the application is any indication, texting when its their time to play would be easy too.
Just an idea! :D
I want a dark type Giga Impact
[imgi92]http://i58.tinypic.com/ri50s7.jpg[/imgi92]
DragonsUmbra
Two-Time Leader

Re: Gym Leader Rotation

Postby Heleor » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:06 pm

Last time we did have a lot more challengers than expected. We never ask leaders to stay more than they're comfortable with - in theory, most battles should be [b5ua]outside[/b5ua] meetup times.

We're planning on doubling the number of leaders. That should hopefully get rid of the crowding!
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby BigDumbHippy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:19 pm

I think Saturday I accidently stayed in the handheld lounge for close to 3hours at one point taking on challengers before I noticed..
It should say four-timing gym leader
BigDumbHippy
Two-Time Leader

Postby nyankokimi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:07 pm

+Best Leader Tip I Can Offer+

This PPL at Prime I had my *first* queue!
And this is how I ran it: if they were willing to wait, then they had to manage the line themselves.
They knew who they were in front of and who was behind them, I encouraged them to battle together while in line, and i told them where the line ended.
I had Cookie Brigade to attend to, so it was unfortunate to need to cut the line... but it happens!
nyankokimi
League Coordinator

Postby Giovanni » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:05 pm

Cookie brigade!? You rank traitor....!

:D Kidding of course, love ya Kim.

Indeed, battling should be a matter of comfort. Encourage people to seek you out in the wild (Lines are great for this!) to find you later if you're worn out/need food/etc. If worse comes to worst, if you are truly tuckered out, don't be to put your scarf up for awhile and enjoy PAX as a general attendee! It can do wonders for revitalizing a battle-weary mind.
You come at the Nidoking, you best not miss.
Giovanni
Two-Time Leader

Postby Morganstern » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:05 am

I'm still a big believer in the One Big Line. During meetups, there's a master queue (dictated by an actual line or numbers or something) and when a leader becomes available the next person in line goes to fight. If they've already beaten that leader they let the person behind them go, repeated until there's a viable challenger, and when you're done with your fight, you go to the back of the line. This makes sure there's a fair challenger rotation and the leaders don't have to spend the time keeping individual lists.
Morganstern
Two-Time Leader

Postby GIJoe68 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:02 am

I liked the individual queues during the meetups. I just think that the leaders should know that being there for one or two battles doesn't really cut it and takes time from the other leaders.
2x Challenger (Champion 2015)
2x Gym Leader
2x Elite
2017 Champion
GIJoe68
Two-Time Leader

Postby Snorkus » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:06 pm

The opposing Metagross used Magnet Rise!
The opposing Metagross levitated with electromagnetism!
Clefable used Gravity!
Gravity intensified!
The opposing Metagross couldn't stay airborne because of gravity!
My fucking sides
Snorkus
Two-Time Leader

Postby BigDumbHippy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:20 am

nobody will challenge you when you're bored. only when you're in a rush to get somewhere. THOSE ARE THE RULES
It should say four-timing gym leader
BigDumbHippy
Two-Time Leader

Postby RoxasEmoQueen » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:36 am

I really like battling people which is why I do super long shifts in battling. I don't really like going to panels. I mostly like going to the Expo Hall and trying all the things and the community that PAX provides within a weekend.

How I do queues is that I carry a notebook and then just simply write down names. I'll try and find a comfy place and just take on challengers. An average battle will take about ~20 minutes and I'll try to give the challenger an estimated wait time based on that if there's an exceedingly long list. After a battle is done I just call out names. If they can't hear me it's their fault. lol

There's defiantly a difference in personality of challengers at Prime vs East. Prime tends to be more laid back and then at East there's a lot more people and just more competition and actual tracking down and finding leaders. I wore my scarf inside the expo hall at Prime and got 2 challengers challenging me in there. While at East, I had to take off my scarf because so many people kept coming up to me and there were lines and it was crazy. x_____x
Fortune Prime 2011 Dawn East 2012
Lorelei Prime 2012 Cynthia East 2013
Miror B. Prime 2013 Whitney East 2014
Drasna Prime 2014 Stella East 2015
Cynthia Prime 2015 Toriel East 2016
Chara West 2016 PPLWest Admin
RoxasEmoQueen
Eight-Time Leader

Next

Return to Suggestions