[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Gym Leader Rotation

Gym Leader Rotation

Here's where you can suggest things for the PPL to do!

Re: Gym Leader Rotation

Postby SandstormS » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:57 am

E12 desmond Bell(Music)E13 Reginald Stone(Rock)
E14 Dr.Toxin(Poison)S15 Mr.Saturday(Ghost)
E15 Dustin(Sandstorm)P15 Wallace(Water)
E16 Reginald Stone(Rock)P16 PAL9000(2001)
"Desmond as a person was hilarious. Keep him around at all costs."
SandstormS

Postby WoopWoop » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:30 pm

I have a whole list of reasons why I like how the individual queues are and why a master list might not work well at all... but when I tried writing it down in a few short thoughts it became this like mini essay... so instead of the mini essay I'm assuming no one actually wants to read I'll just put this little blurb of why I like individual Queues as a challenger and hopeful future gym leader.

Individual queues are efficient for both gym leaders and the challengers because challengers can be on multiple queues at once and gym leaders can choose how they personally want to treat the queue. Though occasionally a Gym leader will accidentally let their Queue list fill up too much so they have to cut it or stay longer then expected, it's not the biggest deal in the world, it's up to the gym leader what to do, quite a few seem to just cut the list and often let those they cut get pushed to the front of the line the next time they come around, which I think works nicely. Even when they don't do that, it's not like I've ever seen a gym leader cut a line without being apologetic about it. (though I might be digressing a little)

I won't touch upon how long gym leaders spend battling though, I agree compeltely with SandstormS and have nothing to add myself on that matter.
East Leader:
13: Melanie, the Wooper Fanatic
14-16: redacted for signature length
17: Mei, the Frozen Climatologist
18: Stevie, the Krookidile Hunter
19: Cee, the Green-Thumbed Gardener
20: Grunts (Amber and) Raine, the Steamy Lovers
WoopWoop
One-Time Leader

Postby Shrain » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:21 pm

Should I become a gym leader at East, I plan on having a lot of fun with my line/challengers. I've always appreciated the people who just wait in line to fight me. I understand the importance of getting on several lists, but I feel like people who just patiently wait to fight specifically me are full of awesome (or have everyone elses badge already.) So I'm going to try to be a bit more entertaining towards my challengers this upcoming year.
My PPL résumé[spoiler8d5]I played Barry during PAX East of '12,
the Fossil Fiend during PAX Prime of '12,
Sir Ivan North of PAX East '13,
Impostor Professor Oak of PAX East '14,
Robert Lutece of PAX East '15,
and Guzma of PAX East '17![/spoiler8d5]
An admin of Unplugged '17
Shrain
Three-Time Leader

Postby SandstormS » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:24 pm

SandstormS

Postby Shrain » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:34 pm

My PPL résumé[spoiler8d5]I played Barry during PAX East of '12,
the Fossil Fiend during PAX Prime of '12,
Sir Ivan North of PAX East '13,
Impostor Professor Oak of PAX East '14,
Robert Lutece of PAX East '15,
and Guzma of PAX East '17![/spoiler8d5]
An admin of Unplugged '17
Shrain
Three-Time Leader

Postby SandstormS » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:49 pm

SandstormS

Postby Heleor » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:44 pm

FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby nyankokimi » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:16 am

After reading all of these, I think what is most important is what is most comfortable for a GL.
Do you like small spurts of action throughout the con? Then tweet your locations constantly and limit your challengers.
Do you like battling in long sessions? Then find a place to camp out and take as many as you can.
Do you like keeping track of queues? Then do it. Don't? Then make the people waiting do it.

All of these things have had positive results. The important thing is that you not only stick with your method and be respectful to others about your expectations.
When I had to cut out because the challengers I was going to battle were actually battling each other, i made sure to find another GL (Thanks again, Cyrus!) to cover for me.
You make it work the best you can.

Not every challenger is going to be happy with you, no matter how hard we may try.
And sometimes challengers are dicks.
Just do your best. :)
nyankokimi
League Coordinator

Postby Ktywf » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:52 am

Prime '11: Brutus(Fighting)/Prime '12 Cyrus
White FC: 3525 5301 3399
Ktywf
One-Time Leader

Postby nyankokimi » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:05 am

Haha, i am really awful about putting real names to usernames to avatars. n_n'
Since majority of my work here is ART ART ART, I don't give myself much time to actually to get know any of you personally. :C
I need to work on that badly. Maybe I should make a "WHO'S WHO" thread sometime.
nyankokimi
League Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions