[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Badge Tracking

Badge Tracking

Here's where you can suggest things for the PPL to do!

Badge Tracking

Postby SolonCubed » Sun May 01, 2011 1:31 pm

I was just thinking about how to make searching for Gym Leaders to be more dynamic for participants than looking for anyone wearing a red scarf, and I had an idea that I wanted to see what you guys thought about: What if participants had a way to keep track of what badges they had and what ones they were missing, like a badge case? It would be nice for challengers to have something to carry that could help them know what they should be looking for and help the league be able to easily identify what badges people have.

In the past, when I challenged the league, I proudly had all the badges on my lanyard, which is nice but not very organized. And I had little to no idea which gym leaders I should be looking for until I ran into them.

Also, as the Pokemon game follows, you always have a trainer case that identifies what leaders you have beaten and who is left on your 'hit' list.

Finally, this is kinda similar to the stamp collecting that happened at the Pokemon B/W Tour, where everyone hunted the mall for six stamp booths and then when you got all six you got a prize.

The implementation I thought of was maybe giving people a card-stock pamphlet with all the Gym Leaders in it and places to hold their badges that Gym Leaders can give out to brand new participants with their first badge. It'd be really professional-like and it would give challengers something tangible to motivate them (Similar to Achievements or Trophies). It's not something NEEDED but it could be helpful for those challenging the league to make their 'Easter Egg Hunt' more of a 'Treasure Hunt'. It would also help the league give the challengers more information, such as how to contact the league, the Twitter handle, what names to address people by when they see them, etc. It allows other trainers to compare badges easily, and it could help new people who didn't know anything about the league learn about it immediately and maybe even join up!

What do you guys think? The biggest problem is cost-efficiency and time, of course. But other people would know more about printing and resource cost than I would. Anyone else have any ideas or suggestions about this kind of thing?
SolonCubed
One-Time Leader

Re: Badge Tracking

Postby Heleor » Sun May 01, 2011 1:36 pm

Yes, agreed. We actually had a very similar idea after a rival league did that in their con booklets.
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby SolonCubed » Sun May 01, 2011 2:38 pm

Rival League? Like the Jets and the Sharks?
Yeah, I think the picture in my head suffices.
SolonCubed
One-Time Leader

Postby Ktywf » Sun May 01, 2011 2:44 pm

That's it. I'm challenging them to a rumble (read "dance fight").

"But PAX is neutral territory!"
"Don't worry, I'm gonna make nice with 'em, I'm only gonna challenge 'em!"
Prime '11: Brutus(Fighting)/Prime '12 Cyrus
White FC: 3525 5301 3399
Ktywf
One-Time Leader

Postby SolonCubed » Sun May 01, 2011 3:13 pm

What would we need to implement something like this?
How many of these would we need to make?
Size?
How much would supplies and printing services cost and how much can we do ourselves as a group?

Cardstock? Photopaper? Printing services?

What do you guys think we should use and do?
SolonCubed
One-Time Leader

Postby Morganstern » Sun May 01, 2011 3:14 pm

Morganstern
Two-Time Leader

Postby Aurethious » Sun May 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Alexander, the Determined Coach - East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - East 2017-2018
Alexander, the Rock Star - East 2019
Aurethious, the Emerald Knight - East 2020

https://www.twitch.tv/Aurethious
Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby Prof. Pine » Sun May 01, 2011 10:41 pm

Prof. Pine

Postby SolonCubed » Sun May 01, 2011 10:56 pm

SolonCubed
One-Time Leader

Postby zezspecs » Mon May 02, 2011 12:05 am

Alternatively, you can post a template and those who want one can print it off themselves or find someone to print it for them. Those who don't mind printing off extra can then do so and distribute them at PAX itself.
zezspecs

Next

Return to Suggestions