One Big Line

Here's where you can suggest things for the PPL to do!

Re: One Big Line

Postby Reekuza » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:53 am

I think I'd probably just write down numbers on their hand with a pen, lol. Good idea, anyway. Challenger lines were almost devastatingly long last year if I remember correctly.
Friend Code: 4341 2358 2195
Reekuza
One-Time Leader

Postby PoeticMadnesss » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:19 am

I still prefer my own personal idea over this one...seems less complicated to me.

Just have more gym leaders and different sets of elite four. Need 8 specific badges to fight one specific set of E4 members...and once you beat one set of elite four, you qualify for the champion rounds. The only way I can see this going awry is if there are a handful of gym leaders who neglect to fight a sufficient amount of people and then get a large influx of people wanting to fight ONLY them on a single day. Otherwise I imagine that this would spread out individuals wider
Black: 0647 5155 3272
Pkmn Breeder
Certified Gold Card Carrier
PoeticMadnesss

Postby Aurethious » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:39 am

PoeticMadnesss wrote:I still prefer my own personal idea over this one...seems less complicated to me.

Just have more gym leaders and different sets of elite four. Need 8 specific badges to fight one specific set of E4 members...and once you beat one set of elite four, you qualify for the champion rounds. The only way I can see this going awry is if there are a handful of gym leaders who neglect to fight a sufficient amount of people and then get a large influx of people wanting to fight ONLY them on a single day. Otherwise I imagine that this would spread out individuals wider

I disagree. I think it makes it more complicated than what it is place already. You're requiring people to find 8 specific gym leaders to qualify for the Elite Four. So, people have to know or have a list handy and find the specific leaders. It's already been said that the number of leaders is being increased. Needing any 8 out of, say, 16 is far less complicated than needing a specific 8 out of 16 you'd like to have.
Alexander, the Determined Coach - PPL East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - PPL East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - PPL East 2017

Come join the ION Game Corner WiFi Pokémon events!

3DS Friend Code: 1993-7579-0707
Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby Kirogata » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:21 am

PoeticMadnesss wrote:I still prefer my own personal idea over this one...seems less complicated to me.

That dosen't solve the problem that is really at hand in the long game.

If we had, lets say one gym for each elmental type, and one to three others...that's...20? And they only needed ANY 8 to chalange the elite four(or elite X depending) and needed four emblems to take on the champion, then it could work out just fine. But a set of 8 for a set of four is over complicated and causes the same choke hold on people who only need that ohne more badge. I mean, what if they NEVER see the guy?

Like cascade at East.
That glorious water ninja.
Kirogata/Lane/Leather/Gary M'fing Oak
Kirogata
One-Time Leader

Postby PoeticMadnesss » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:45 am

Kirogata wrote:

That dosen't solve the problem that is really at hand in the long game.

If we had, lets say one gym for each elmental type, and one to three others...that's...20? And they only needed ANY 8 to chalange the elite four(or elite X depending) and needed four emblems to take on the champion, then it could work out just fine. But a set of 8 for a set of four is over complicated and causes the same choke hold on people who only need that ohne more badge. I mean, what if they NEVER see the guy?

Like cascade at East.
That glorious water ninja.

Which is why there'd be multiple sets of 8 and 4, and the 8 was just a starting example; there can just as easily be three sets of 12 per every 4, requiring 8 of the 12 to be defeated in order to qualify.

The chances of it turning into a chokehold when there's a potential of three separate sets of leaders is much less than what was experienced at East...Total of 36 hypothetical gym leaders, 12 of which are extra leaders which don't even need to be challenged (4 extra per section)...I personally think it'd be distributed nicely.

Regardless of these solutions, though, we have absolutely no idea how any of them will work in practice...the idea for one big line might suck just as much as my idea; or they might both work brilliantly :P There's really no way to tell unless one idea or the other is implemented. And I really did suck at explaining what I was trying to convey <.<
Black: 0647 5155 3272
Pkmn Breeder
Certified Gold Card Carrier
PoeticMadnesss

Postby Aurethious » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:53 am

Yeah, but then you start getting into the realm of coordinating that many people and it's been said that it's tough enough sometimes coordinating the current number of leaders.
Alexander, the Determined Coach - PPL East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - PPL East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - PPL East 2017

Come join the ION Game Corner WiFi Pokémon events!

3DS Friend Code: 1993-7579-0707
Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby Heleor » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:17 am

So the basic idea for that last one is to have two leagues with no interaction whatsoever. While you're right in that it will reduce the pressure on the leaders by half, it would be a headache and a half organizing that many people, and there's no way to get that perfectly even.
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Prof. Pine » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:30 am

Yeah, we want to try to get back to people finding gyme leaders in the wild more. We're not exactly sure how we're going to do that yet, BUT we are going to try some various ideas out at Prime.

In other words; we like meetups, but we want to you battle more while NOT at the meet ups.
BigDumbHippy wrote:Pine's a ten-foot tall beast man, who showers in vodka, and feeds his baby shrimp scampi
Prof. Pine

Postby Kirogata » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Prof. Pine wrote:Yeah, we want to try to get back to people finding gyme leaders in the wild more. We're not exactly sure how we're going to do that yet, BUT we are going to try some various ideas out at Prime.

In other words; we like meetups, but we want to you battle more while NOT at the meet ups.

^ This.

I totally, if chosen, wanna get ninjaed by random trainers. All the time. Except when seeing the protomen. Hell, I might even ninja them.

Trainer was challanged by Gym leader.
Trainer: "WTF!? This isn't how it works!"

Anywho onto the orignal point~

Seems like this prime is going to have more leaders than east did, and I'm assuming prime has in the past. So idealy, the problem of getting eight badges won't be as tedious in the first place.

And the more scarfs in the wild, the better imo.

EDIT: And don't forget about all them kids that wanna get all the badges(I am TOTALLY guilty of this. I have a problem.), I mean, then they wound be completly denied a whole set or two of badges. D:
Kirogata/Lane/Leather/Gary M'fing Oak
Kirogata
One-Time Leader

Postby BigDumbHippy » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:10 am

lets all go to outback steakhouse or similar restaurants and steal those pager things. that'd be most efficient way
It should say four-timing gym leader
BigDumbHippy
Two-Time Leader

Previous

Return to Suggestions