[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Rivals

Rivals

Here's where you can suggest things for the PPL to do!

Rivals

Postby Itsuki » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:51 pm

I'd totally understand why this idea wouldn't be "ok" with making mandatory, but since we have gym leaders and the elite 4 and the champion, I was thinking how in every game there's a rival.

Rivals always challenge you at random sometimes inconvenient times and ALWAYS at the end of victory road, which you have to go through to get to the elite 4.

I was just thinking because so many people seem to want to be Gym leaders (and there can only be so many gym leaders) there should be a group of people as rivals (just as many as the gym leaders or something so your more likely to run into at least one)

and you can challenge them at any point (or they challenge you ;) ) and when you beat them you get a button or something that says you passed Victory Road (or at least symbolizes it) (any point since waiting until after you get 8 badges might be troublesome and rivals do challenge you at many points)

It would give people who wanted to be gym leaders a chance to do something similar and would add an extra fun challenge.

Like I said I get if this would be too much trouble to add as mandatory, but maybe even just a few rivals you can face (or even the rivals have to technically challenge you) and have it optional, and then you can go around saying "I passed victory road" or just have the ability to have a rival who might just constantly "bother" you xD

Regardless of what happens, next year at Pax East I'll probably have a few friends acting as rivals, doing that to people while they wait or just people they notice who have badges just for fun. After all I'll be returning again as Silver with Silver's party so it would be fun.

Sorry if I repeated myself in this, I tend to do that
Itsuki

Re: Rivals

Postby Kirogata » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:37 pm

/dibs on Gary/blue/totallyiswhatmymainpitchwasbasedaround
Kirogata/Lane/Leather/Gary M'fing Oak
Kirogata
One-Time Leader

Postby Kopaka » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:59 am

I'd totally be up for this. And at sixteen, I think I'm pretty well-equipped to play the whiny rival ;)
[size=705r6]
[b5r6]PAX East 2011: [/b5r6]3 leader badges
[b5r6]PAX East 2012: [/b5r6]9 leader badges
Reach beyond the door.
[/size5r6]
Kopaka

Postby Giovanni » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:01 pm

I don't think Rivals will ever be an "Official" PPL mechanic, cool as the idea is.

however, that doesn't stop you from challenging other challengers :D
You come at the Nidoking, you best not miss.
Giovanni
Two-Time Leader

Postby Kopaka » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:38 am

Hurm.
What if we had some sort of thread where you'd group up with one or more people and be rivals of each other? I guess you'd need some way to be able to find one another though...hurm. Just brainstorming, but I like the idea. Failing that, I'd love to just go around challenging other trainers as a rival :mrgreen:
[size=705r6]
[b5r6]PAX East 2011: [/b5r6]3 leader badges
[b5r6]PAX East 2012: [/b5r6]9 leader badges
Reach beyond the door.
[/size5r6]
Kopaka

Postby Prof. Pine » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:12 am

Prof. Pine

Postby Heleor » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:22 pm

FC 4427 3652 8893