[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Gym Leader Underlings:

Gym Leader Underlings:

Here's where you can suggest things for the PPL to do!

Re: Gym Leader Underlings:

Postby Morganstern » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:14 am

But think of how many trainers you have to beat before fighting a gym leader. If anything it matches the game closer.

That being said, I too am not really a fan of pulling people out of line to fight for you, if only because of the large number of challengers using stall tactics which would bog things down even more.

What you could do is have a number of Ace Trainer PC-NPCs (a pool of people who are challengers but can be called on to run interference).
Morganstern
Two-Time Leader

Postby CommodoreSkippy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:12 pm

CommodoreSkippy
One-Time Leader

Postby Giovanni » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:31 pm

Hrm, very well thought out and a good condensation of ideas discussed previously. I think it gets a bit granular in that Leaders would have to start up two lists rather than one for lines (Emblem/non) we still have to get gym trainers for all the leaders (I'm thinking 2-3 per leader, meaning we would then be dealing with about 55 people versus 21)

Those are just my initial thoughts on this, I'll ruminate more as I get time.
You come at the Nidoking, you best not miss.
Giovanni
Two-Time Leader

Postby Blackfox138 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:50 pm

55 sounds like a lot to handle. So far at Prime and East we have had people drop halfway through, weeks before. It's not fun to find replacements. We already take up a lot of space at official meet-ups with 16 members, can we really fit 55 into one hallway + challengers? Can we even find that many people that want to do this early enough to make logistical magic work?

It's very thought out and cool, but almost seems like too much trouble...
Blackfox138
Two-Time Leader

Postby Maylene » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:01 pm

Marissa / Maylene @ East '11 / Sabrina @ Prime '11
Maylene
Two-Time Leader

Postby Heleor » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:13 pm

FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby CommodoreSkippy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:50 pm

That's true... that is QUITE A LOT of people to consider managing. Still, I think there is validity in the idea. For one, Heleor is right. Trainers are intended to be found around the convention and not necessarily at Meetups. Second, all Assistants have to do is say Hi and hand out a card, I'd like to think that most human beings are considerate enough to manage that.

There is a slight concern with less trustworthy Trainers just handing out a pile of emblems to their friends without earning them and pre-screening against that sort of behavior would be laborious. On the other hand, I feel like everyone here is here for the love of pokemon and GLORIOUS POKEBATTLE and genuinely wants to help out. I think the first to be considered for trainers should come from the list of those who didn't quite make it as a Gym Leaders.

Even if every Leader has only one trainer or assistant, it's still a feasible idea. We'd just have to find a reasonable number of emblems to request.
CommodoreSkippy
One-Time Leader

Postby Ktywf » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:40 pm

Is it just me or is this League almost too awesome for its own good? I mean, you have so many challengers trying to participate there actually isn't enough leaders to go around! That to me is incredible.

Anyway , though it's a small issue, I think its valid to consider the logistics of not only having some 40 or so people assisting in alleviating the pressure, but also how to make sure they're ALL identifiable as trainers/helpers and giving each of them several tokens to work with.
Prime '11: Brutus(Fighting)/Prime '12 Cyrus
White FC: 3525 5301 3399
Ktywf
One-Time Leader

Postby StarVVolph » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:34 pm

On the issue of identifiability, I think that it would be easy enough for the underlings to have a scarf. If the Gym Leaders wanted, they could even attach their badges to their own underlings so challengers will have an idea of what to expect, type wise.
FC: 3093-7121-5238
StarVVolph
Two-Time Leader

Postby Heleor » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:45 pm

FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions