League Invasion Format

Here's where you can suggest things for the PPL to do!

Re: League Invasion Format

Postby Prof. Pine » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:54 pm

Maylene wrote:I don't think adding all of this stuff will attract more people- rather, I think it will alienate more casual challengers.

This is the most important note to mention.
Not everyone was aware of the PPL before they got there. And think of how many people would be turned away if they saw a big long rules list of who they can and can't battle. The reason we picked the format we did, was for two main reasons: 1) it's easy, and 2) it's familiar. Everyone who will be challenging the league will understand the game's badge system, so they'll by default understand ours.
BigDumbHippy wrote:Pine's a ten-foot tall beast man, who showers in vodka, and feeds his baby shrimp scampi
Prof. Pine

Postby Aurethious » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:09 pm

Yeah, having thought about it more, time and complexity are major issues that should be considered. If everyone was going to a weekend PPL meet-up where that's what the weekend was dedicated for, it'd be more conducive to a more elaborate set-up. People would be going expressly for that purpose and probably would be more apt to follow a more complex scheme. Seeing as how this is a fun player-run thing in conjunction with PAX, leaders and challengers alike undoubtedly have a laundry list of things they want to see and do.

Personally, I think the general idea of trying to lighten the load of the gym leaders is good, as the lines at the meet-ups were a bit discouraging. It's just a matter of finding a good way to do it without disturbing the simplicity and attractiveness of the event as a whole.
Alexander, the Determined Coach - PPL East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - PPL East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - PPL East 2017

Come join the ION Game Corner WiFi Pokémon events!

3DS Friend Code: 1993-7579-0707
Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby Morganstern » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:20 pm

Well, the first post was off the top of my head, so scratch the whole tiers thing, but I still believe inter-player token system has merit.

If your worried about time, limit the non-leader battles to the Standard Cup for quick, meet-in-the-hall affairs. That's a much more appealing prospect to me than waiting and hour+ in line or worse, being turned away all together.

I still personally believe the vs. team thing would be a lot of fun. Again, it could be run as a side game for people who are interested.
Morganstern
Two-Time Leader

Previous

Return to Suggestions