[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Official PPL East Feedback thread

Official PPL East Feedback thread

Here's where you can suggest things for the PPL to do!

Re: Official PPL East Feedback thread

Postby Darxio » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:19 pm

It actually was really fun overall! I do have a few suggestions though.

1: As far as lines go, yeah, they're annoying, but they're a necessary in a way. The only ways I can think of lowering the line times would either be more leaders, or assistants to the leaders. As in, at the leader's own choice, he could choose to have his-or-her friends using the same exact team to fight challengers for badges as well. It'd be optional, but a choice for those leaders who get swamped or are afraid of getting swamped.

2: Alternatively, to cut down on battle times, I liked the Flat Battle Standard Rules, where you chose 3 out of your 6 pokemon to fight. Now in Black and White you get to see your opponent's team before you choose your 3 pokemon so this could be an extremely fair way to cut down on fight times while still being fun.

3: The Elite Four should have something to distinguish themselves from the rest of the fare. While the Champ has the hat, the Elite Four don't really have anything to tell them apart from trainers. Perhaps a simple 'Elite Four' badge would suffice, since then you don't have to alter those awesome scarves.
Darxio

Postby Heleor » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:02 pm

FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby spaceman » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:15 pm

I feel like the only only downside was the lines. I saw the gym leaders at the meetups and a few times in other locations. The majority of the time I just didn't see any of them. On the lines I waited in a few lines, but overall if a gym leader had lines I didn't really feel waiting because there was other things I wanted to see in the convention.

depending on gym leaders it could be possible for the elite four to double as gym leaders for Friday and part/all of Saturday and then be Elite 4 members. This way it would give some extra gym leaders to have people battle. I know the person who played as Steven Stone was itching for a battle on Friday night.
spaceman

Postby Kirogata » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:11 pm

There were a few times that I attempted to challenge leaders and they declined. This was because I finally foudn the all elusive scarfs. And I understand that ya'll gotta see what ya' wanna see too. So why not take the scarfs off when you aren't accepting challenges? I saw the Cerulean gym eight times over the course of the three days, and never even realized he was a gym because of the lack of scarf.

And OH GOD YES to the identifier for the elite four.
Kirogata/Lane/Leather/Gary M'fing Oak
Kirogata
One-Time Leader

Postby Heleor » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:13 pm

FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby BigDumbHippy » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:48 am

I loved the league. I like the idea that you post the leaders twitters with the pictures on a card like somebody suggested in another thread, so when they felt like challenges they can update.
A way to distinguish the E4 would be really helpful.
It should say four-timing gym leader
BigDumbHippy
Two-Time Leader

Previous

Return to Suggestions