Spreading The Word?

Here's where you can suggest things for the PPL to do!

Spreading The Word?

Postby Vixxy » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:37 am

So, Propriety's comment about PPL Aus spreading further by word of mouth got me thinking...

I'm not familiar with conventions overseas, but I do know that handing out business cards is a thing at the Conventions I've been to. Usually it's the photographers, so you can check out the photos they've taken, or artists hoping you'll have a look at more of their work, and of course, most of the businesses have their own cards to share. I was wondering if the PPL had designed anything like that?

I'm probably going to at least two conventions next year, and I'm hoping to arrange a pokemon cosplay or two. It would be wonderful to have something I can hand out to people in order to advertise the PPL, but I don't want to be stepping on anybody's toes.
If this doesn't exist, would it be okay to chat with some of my more artsy friends, and design something?
User avatar
Vixxy
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:47 pm

Re: Spreading The Word?

Postby Propriety » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:46 pm

Vixxy wrote:So, Propriety's comment about PPL Aus spreading further by word of mouth got me thinking...

I'm not familiar with conventions overseas, but I do know that handing out business cards is a thing at the Conventions I've been to. Usually it's the photographers, so you can check out the photos they've taken, or artists hoping you'll have a look at more of their work, and of course, most of the businesses have their own cards to share. I was wondering if the PPL had designed anything like that?

I'm probably going to at least two conventions next year, and I'm hoping to arrange a pokemon cosplay or two. It would be wonderful to have something I can hand out to people in order to advertise the PPL, but I don't want to be stepping on anybody's toes.
If this doesn't exist, would it be okay to chat with some of my more artsy friends, and design something?


This idea is so good that we actually had it a few years ago! PPL Aus totally did have "business cards" (we call them Trainer Cards. :) (Here's where we announced them, you can see the designs there.I'm quite proud of them, I designed them myself! I can't take credit for the leader art or background art though. That was loltsundere!)

Unfortunately, unless you run into one of the gym leaders (who probably have a bunch of extras) I'm not sure how we'd get them to you. But you can absolutely make something up if you like! We'd be really flattered if you went through all that trouble. <3
White FC is 3911 7106 0012
HG FC is 2579 9344 8877
See you at PAX East!
User avatar
Propriety
League Coordinator
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:29 am
Location: Philadelphia City Gym

Re: Spreading The Word?

Postby Aurethious » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:48 am

If only someone had just designed something like this that advertised the league in general...
Alexander, the Determined Coach - PPL East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - PPL East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - PPL East 2017

Come join the ION Game Corner WiFi Pokémon events!

3DS Friend Code: 1993-7579-0707
User avatar
Aurethious
One-Time Leader
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:02 am
Location: Brockton, MA

Re: Spreading The Word?

Postby Propriety » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:36 am

Aurethious wrote:If only someone had just designed something like this that advertised the league in general...


OH YES Aurethious was very kind and printed us up some stunning business cards. We have a business card design we could send you if you wanted to get some printed.

We could send some over, but it'd probably cost a boat-load of money. :(
White FC is 3911 7106 0012
HG FC is 2579 9344 8877
See you at PAX East!
User avatar
Propriety
League Coordinator
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:29 am
Location: Philadelphia City Gym

Re: Spreading The Word?

Postby Aurethious » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:09 am

Propriety wrote:
Aurethious wrote:If only someone had just designed something like this that advertised the league in general...


OH YES Aurethious was very kind and printed us up some stunning business cards. We have a business card design we could send you if you wanted to get some printed.

We could send some over, but it'd probably cost a boat-load of money. :(


Yeah, I was hinting at sending the design over. I know I can't ship anything internationally here without filling out export paperwork, and that just gets dicey.

Now, back to my East pass buying PAXiety...
Alexander, the Determined Coach - PPL East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - PPL East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - PPL East 2017

Come join the ION Game Corner WiFi Pokémon events!

3DS Friend Code: 1993-7579-0707
User avatar
Aurethious
One-Time Leader
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:02 am
Location: Brockton, MA


Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest