[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - PPL East 2014 Coordinator

PPL East 2014 Coordinator

Here's where you can suggest things for the PPL to do!

PPL East 2014 Coordinator

Postby shmoo92 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:25 pm

'Ello, I'm May from the May-and-Brendan duo from PAX East 2013. You may remember THE LEGENDARY BINDER better (I like to think it's the third part of my group).

I had a ton of fun this year, and I have notebook all ready to go with ideas for next year. With permission, I'll happily arrange all this to the best of my ability.

Among other things, since the PPL has gotten so big, we could work in conjunction with the Handheld lounge and take over the back of the wing. Cloister it, sort of, so the Gym Leaders, Propriety, and Kim can keep track of each other (this seemed to be an issue that arose quite a few times). The 'wall' will be made of the backs of beanbags.
- I can see a table set up at the 'entrance' for people to sign up into one massive cue. They'll be distributed accordingly (maybe gym leaders'll have three variations of their teams so if a veteran is free and the next challenger is a beginner, they can challenge without fear of being completely and totally clobbered. But only if that particular situation arises!) Gym leaders won't have to keep track of them, and when the next challenger is up, they'll actually know who it is and where they are. This definitely works better for official meet ups in the Handheld lounge as opposed to swarms, but I did not that quite a few gym leaders seemed to camp out there the whole weekend (which was awesome).
-- If a gym leader starts starving or runs out of time, they can smoothly team up with another gym leader and start double-battling.
- Power supplies can be more efficiently organized, and with any luck, double-cording can be avoided (I heard that a lot too).
- Donation box for snacks/money (is that allowed?) It's different from the Cookie Brigade because this is specifically for the PPL. Like, "Hey, care to spend a buck on awesomeness?" It'll be at the 'entrance'/'cue table'.

As for the glare from the sun on device screens (because that part of the wing has a massive, floor to ceiling window), maybe get a length of red fleece and of white (because it's so thick), sew 'em together length-wise, and duct tape it to the window during the day. 'PPL' would be in the center in big black letters. Also works as a lovely backdrop for the group photo at the end of the weekend.

Thank you very much for reading, I'd love to hear people's thoughts!
- shmoo92
PAX East 2015 PPL CHAMPION!!!!!!!
The May 'half' from PAX East 2013-2015. My companions are Brendan (Matt) & THE BINDER.
Terrified Alice for PAX East 2012.
shmoo92

Re: PPL East 2014 Coordinator

Postby Heleor » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:02 pm

The issue with anything that requires anything official like this is that PAX will not let us do this without permission from Nintendo. That permission is not something we've been able to get in the past - their general policy is 'we're aware of what you're doing, and it's cool, but we're not going to officially sponsor you.'
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Lyrai » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:37 am

PPL '12 East - Challenger
PPL '13 East - Yellow de Bosque Verde
PPL '14 East - Blaire (& Justin) the Reliable Rachers
PPL '15 East - Kathleen (& Kenneth ) the Contest Coordinators
PPL '17 East - Paige Ryder the Pokémon Jockey
Lyrai
One-Time Leader

Postby nyankokimi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:54 am

Looks like pretty much all bases were covered. :)

Thanks so much for participating in East, shmoo!
And it's awesome to see that we have people that want to not only participate, but help make us better. :)
But, trust me when I say this, our PPL management teams do a LOT behind the scenes that has everything to do with exactly the things you brought up and more!
Every convention we try to see what worked and what didn't work, and to improve as much as we can within our limitations as a fan group.

Will you be at Prime 2013? I would love to see your thoughts on that if you manage to go. :)
nyankokimi
League Coordinator

Return to Suggestions