Hello all you lovely challengers! The League is slowly getting back on its feet after its multi-day nap, and we’ve put together a survey for you to take to help us improve the League in the future!
Click here to take it!
It shouldn’t take more than 10 or 15 minutes, and your feedback is SUPER important to us. We put together the PPL for your enjoyment, so we want to know what we’re doing right, and what we could do better!
Plus, the survey is completely anonymous, so you can give us your honest feedback!
Thanks in advance!
Now I’m going to take another nap. So tired~
Thank you, everyone, for making PPL East 2014 without a doubt the best PPL EVER. <3
We’ll have further updates (including a “what should we do to improve?!” survey) coming soon so don’t forget about us just yet!
For now, though, I’m planning to let my Pokemon out of their pokeballs to stretch, followed by passing out, hopefully in my bed.
A brief reminder of how to PPL, since there’s lots going on this year!
THE LEAGUE CHALLENGE:
- There are 29 Gym Leaders. Look for them wearing their bright green scarves. Find one, and challenge them to a battle! If you prove your worth, you’ll earn their badge. Remember, you can only challenge each leader once per day (unless they say otherwise).
- There are 6 Elite Six members. They will also be wearing bright green scarves (check the leader bios we posted so you know which six are Elite Six members) Collect 8 badges for the right to challenge them. If you don’t have enough badges, they’ll refuse your challenge! Defeat them in battle to earn their emblem. Again, you can only challenge each Elite Six member once per day.
- Collect ANY 4 Emblems for the right to challenge the Champion. Defeat the Champion to win the Champion Prize (a cool PPL bag) be entered into the Hall of Fame! Also Propriety will probably want to take a picture with you.
- Meetups are a good way to catch lots of gym leaders all in one place, but also keep an eye out as you walk around PAX! Leaders often go to panels and queues are a great place to find them.
Our meetups will be: Friday at 1 PM, Saturday at 3:30 PM, Sunday at 2 PM, all in the handheld lounge.
- After your first leader battle, whether you succeed or fail, if you don’t already have one, the gym leader should offer you a trainer card. These cards have a bunch of helpful info on them, including suggested leaders, meetup times, etc. Researchers Propriety and Kim will also have these, so if you don’t have one already you can ask us for one. You’ll also need one to participate in…
- While you’re battling gym leaders, keep an eye out. If they use a MegaEvolution while you’re battling them, and that MegaEvolution appears on the bingo board on the back of your trainer card, you can ask that leader for a sticker for that spot! If you get 4 in a row, you can come find Researcher Propriety or Researcher Kim to get a special prize pin and a raffle ticket!
- There will be raffles on Friday at 5 PM, Saturday at 5:30 PM, and Sunday at 7 PM (all in the handheld lounge, except for Sunday’s raffle, which will take place on the Westin Mezzanine), each with different prizes available. You can use your raffle ticket on any one of the raffles for the chance to win a prize! (If you use your ticket on Friday, you might have a better chance of winning since fewer people will have gotten bingo… but you also won’t know what prizes are available until the raffle! So choose wisely!)
SECRET SCIENTIST SPY:
- One of the Gym Leaders is up to no good, feeding juicy MegaEvolution secrets to Lysandre, and it’s up to you to figure out who it is! Ask the various scientist gym leaders if they know anything about MegaEvolution. Their answers put together might give you a clue that will lead you to the leader responsible! Confront them with their crimes and if you’re right you’ll win a super rare Poke-Nobel Prize Pin!
- Note that some of the gym leaders might not have any idea what you’re talking about…. don’t let them onto your sleuthing!
In case you are trying to hunt down a specific gym leader, here is a twitter list of all the PPL leaders who have twitter accounts:
Feel free to subscribe to it if you want all the leaders’ tweets! Also, the @PAXPokemon twitter feed will be retweeting leader tweets so you can follow that instead if you’d like (you should be following that ANYWAY).
Here’s a list of who’s included:
Researcher Propriety: @Proprietous
Researcher Kim: @nyankokimi
The Imposter Professors: @RealestOak
Justin and Blaire Cooper: @Cooper_Cousins
Miss Miau: @y00ty00t
Toph A Snails: @bigdumbhippy
Chef Olivier: @PPLmunchie
Mudman Dan: @bootaide
Professor Kaden Chang: @ShinyWoopWoop
Sara and Stacy: @PPL_SublimeSci
Darius Nathal: @LanceMartinLTan
Isaac Adler: @PPL14_Isaac
Patrick Pinkerton: @PPL_PatPink
River Song: @PPL_RiverSong
Dr. Neuro and Dr. Toxin: @YacheBerri
Roberto Stahrs: @PPL_Volaro
PAX passes (No, really). DO NOT FORGET THESE.
Pokemon X or Y
Charger and Power bar (YES YOU WILL NEED THEM, DEAR GOD)
Other Important Things
Clothes AND COSTUME STUFF
Underwear for at least 6 days
Jacket, hat, gloves (for possible cold weather)
Deodorant & body spray
Good walking shoes!
Vitamin C and hand sanitizer
Snacks (for waiting in line)
Water/Water bottle (Stay hydrated!)
Cell phone/ camera / laptop
Handheld gaming devices, CAH, MtG, Zombie Dice, and any other games you’d want to play
Money to give graciously to Child’s Play via Cookie Brigade.
Also, be sure to get the phone numbers to everyone you will be meeting and rooming with! Don’t get stuck with no way to contact anyone if you get locked out of your hotel room!
Challengers who manage to defeat the Champion will be awarded eternal fame and glory by being inducted into the Hall of Fame!
More importantly, they’ll also be given one of these tasteful commemorative drawstring bags!!!*
Good for potions, pokeballs, proteins, etc. Not recommended for Key Items.
Here modelled by guts pose Researcher Kim!
*(While supplies last. We’ve only got 15 of them, so don’t be a Slowpoke! )
EDIT EDIT: Keep trying! There may be some copies left!
The PAX Pokemon League East 2014 has a Guidebook!
Guidebook is a app for mobile phones that allows you to access schedules and information for conventions. PAX has an official one (that you should totally download), but the PPL has one of its own!
Click on that banner for instructions on how to get the guidebook app, then search for PAX Pokemon League 2014 and download our actual guidebook! It has a schedule of meetup and raffle times, as well as a list of all gym leaders so you can keep track of who you’ve battled!
(Note: because we’re not flush with cash we could only afford the free version, which limits us to 200 downloads, so if you’re not going to PAX East, please don’t download it! And if we run out of downloads, we’re really sorry! All the information in the guidebook is available here on the site, though, so don’t fret!)
Lysandre is the ex-leader of Team Flare, and the last descendant of the brother of King AZ. His initial schemes in Kalos were thwarted, but Lysandre has risen from the ashes of Team Flare, and is now focusing all his efforts on researching the secrets of Mega Evolution. He has gathered a number of scientists, researchers, and battle experts at the Pokémon Advancement Expo with plans to leverage their knowledge for his own mysterious ends. Defeat Lysandre, put a stop to his nefarious plans, and claim the title of PAX Pokémon League Champion!
Upon hearing how the outsider Jim Raynor came to be involved with the PAX Pokémon League at PAX Prime 2013, Mirage took it upon himself to deceive Raynor out of going to East and to replace him. The son of a Dark-type using magician, he grew to appreciate art of deception. The Pokémon he has bonded with and uses in battle represent the some of the darkest Pokémon in the ‘dex. In order to beat him, be prepared to face the die that will choose between two teams…. You must know your way around battling if you want to have a chance to defeat this deceptive master! See past his tricks to earn the Deception Emblem!
From a very young age, Whitney was part of the Johto Pokémon League. Getting restless of being the Goldenrod gym leader, she decided to visit her pen pals, Dawn and Cynthia. They kept talking about their travels to the Boston area and how both their experiences helped refresh their outlook on battling. Whitney then decided to see what these two champions were talking about and now finds herself at PAX East to fight young and refreshing trainers. Come see if you have what it takes to survive Whitney’s honed skills and earn the Rollout Emblem!